The Association of Performing Arts Collections (APAC) offers grants to enable APAC members to attend APAC meetings, study days, and symposia; the SIBMAS biennial conference; events organised by an APAC member; and other events at the discretion of the APAC Executive Committee.
The grant may cover modest travel expenses – complete or partial cost (e.g. advanced standard train or economy plane tickets) – and the event registration fee (when applicable), at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Applicants must have been APAC members for a minimum of 12 months before the application.
- Grants will be awarded to only one person from an Institutional Member per event.
- A member, be it Institution, Individual, or Student, can receive a grant no more than every two years.
How to apply
Applications for travel grants should be made in writing to the APAC Treasurer & Membership Secretary at email@example.com. The grant application should contain the following:
- Full name of applicant and, if applicable, job title and name of institution
- Event title and date
- Estimate of travel costs, and event fee if required
- Paragraph (no more than 200 words) stating how the resulting skills and knowledge will inform your future practice and, if applicable, benefit your institution
- State how your attendance could benefit other APAC members. For example, past beneficiaries have written a blog post or a report for the APAC website, have tweeted about the event, or distributed pamphlets on the day. Other proposals the applicant suggests will be considered by the APAC Executive Committee.
Applications should be submitted no later than a month before in the case of UK-based events and no later than three months before in the case of SIBMAS or other international events. Please be aware that the travel and fee costs will be met after the event has taken place.
All applications will be forwarded to the Executive Committee for final approval. In case of high demand the Executive Committee will give priority to members who have not received a grant in the previous three years. The Executive Committee’s decisions are final.
Applicants will be informed of the success of their application within 10 working days of receiving their submission. Once applicants have been notified, they will be required to enrol in the event and purchase advance travel tickets in order to secure the cheapest prices.
Payment of grant
Reimbursement claims for the expenses should be made after the event by forwarding receipts to the APAC Treasurer. In cases of non-attendance we regret that the travel expenses will not be reimbursed. Reimbursements may be made by bank transfer or cheque payment.
Last updated January 2016